Riki Sushi, 3930 30th Street in North Park.



Riki Sushi in North Park


Today we went to The pool and we’re hungry after. We went to Riki Sushi at 3930 30th Street in North Park.
The second we walked in, we were given menus. Drinks to follow very soon.
The Iced Tea was on point. Cold and Refreshing. Nadine says it tastes like Lipton.
Garlic Edamame ordered as an appetizer.
The Beer and Wine menu is respectful, with 8 different varieties of Sake, and 4 each of wine and beer. Not bad, I think.
The Garlic Edamame came and it was steaming hot. Delicious Garlic sauce with good sized chunks of Garlic. Very good.
As we waited for the rolls and salad, we enjoyed mid-40 urban contemporary radio.
Nadine ordered the Spicy Tuna Salad and a Vegan Roll.
I ordered the North Park Roll and the Rainbow Roll.
The Iced Tea glasses never reached 55% empty.
I have slight Salad Envy. She gave me a couple of bites. Very tasty, although the Spicy Tuna isn’t my favorite. In fact, most of the rolls come with spicy Salmon or Tuna, etc. not a bad thing, but I’m just not a spicy food guy. Strangely, I’m OBSESSED with Louisiana Hot Sauce. Weird.
The North Park Roll is amazing. Get this Roll if it’s the last thing you do.
The Rainbow Roll is respectable. Not much you can do to ruin a Rainbow Roll. This one was very good.
It wasn’t until the Vegan Roll came out that the server told us about the Fire Sauce. Nice flavor, but in my opinion, they should find a different name. It isn’t very firey. Having said that, I notice that it sneaks up on you. You feel it 1.5 minutes in.
Two rolls and some Edamame and I’m hitting the wall. Not over-full; just right. 

Final Thoughts:

If you like quick menus, music by Beyoncé and Rihanna, and On Point Iced Tea, reminiscent of Lipton and you hate fast-acting hot sauce, give Riki Sushi a shot.




Comments