Canada Steak Burger, 3604 University Avenue, San Diego, CA 92104. Visited 5/9/2020 4:13:01 PM

We were in North Park and felt the hunger for delishious burgers and Gyros at Canada Steak Burger at 36th and University. (3604 University Avenue, San Diego 92104)
I used to live near this place and I wanted to see if they still had the same burgers I used to love.
Canada Steak Burger has a bit of an identity crisis. It’s named after Canada, they serve Greek food and the employees are Mexican.
Figure that out.
Anyway, we ordered TO GO, because COVID-19.
Nadine had the Gyros Plate. Gyros, Greek salad, Pita Bread and a side of Feta Fries.
You read that right.
FETA FRIES, HUNGRY YET?!
For myself, I ordered a 6oz Steak Burger Combo, with Gyros on the burger, Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato and Pickles with Mayonnaise. There is a 4oz option, as well as an 8oz model. And a tasty Root Beer.
It was just as I remember.


Cooked perfectly. The Gyros makes the Steak Burger taste like no other burger out there. The French Fries are very tasty. Seasoned lightly, but spot on. I have some fries left after the meal, maybe 10 minutes after the burger was gone. Still tasty and not creepy.
Try that with In n Out fries.
It’ll end in tears and gnashing of teeth.
I was very happy with my meal.
Nadine, on the other hand has mentioned leaving me and running off with the bloke that made this feast.
I say try to beat me to him!
As a consolation, she keeps throwing me Gyro scraps, so, still winning.
As far as I know, Canada Steak Burger has been at the same location for more than 30 years. If they keep serving this food, they’ll be there forever.
If you like a good Burger and/or a fine Gyro plate, get to Canada Steak Burger. I have always, and continue to be impressed by their whole operation.


Comments